Thursday 2 April 2015

what i eat for breakfast





So if you know me well, you'll know that I'm super obsessive about my peanut butter and banana oatmeal for breakfast. I wish I was one of those laid-back Jamie Oliver types who just rustled up a variety of stuff on the spur of the moment, but unfortunately I've got a slight obsession with peanut butter which has rendered me slave to the same breakfast every single day like some kind of crazed nut-addict (like, literally, if I don't have at least 3 jars of peanut butter on reserve in the cupboard, I freak out. It's not cool).

As an avid gym-goer, this oatmeal is the perfect pre-workout fuel, not to mention a deliciously wholesome and super healthy start to the day. It delivers a perfectly balanced hit of essential morning carbs, as well as healthy fats and protein, and as oatmeal is proven to aid weight loss when combined with exercise, it's the perfect diet food in disguise as it leaves you feeling full and satisfied until lunchtime. 

When I first moved out to Japan, the one thing that I was positively petrified about was losing my beloved oatmeal. How would I survive? How would I get by on jam on toast or - heaven forbid - natto and rice? I ain't no natto and rice girl! I'm an oatmeal girl! ...buuuut Japan being as fabulous as it is answered my plea, as oatmeal is now widely available in supermarkets across the country - although I'm guessing it's still a pretty niche gaijin-service-type food as Satoshi was utterly mortified and bamboozled at the sight of the gloopy oats swirling about in my bowl in the morning. Ah well, haters gonna hate.

To make the oatmeal, I cook 40g of oats with water in the microwave, then stir-in all natural peanut butter (I buy a super yummy one by Alishan's off amazon.jp), chop bananas on top, sprinkle a few organic raisins and voila! It's the perfect wake-me-up as it's slightly sweet but not horrif, so even if you can't stomach much in the morning it's a gentle, natural flavour, very warming and easy to eat. Oh and I will stress the importance of peanut butter being the all-natural type with no added sugar, palm oil or salt. Don't put those nasties into your body and distort the yummy natural taste!

What is your favourite breakfast or oatmeal combo? Let me know!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment